www.firs.gov.ng: Federal Inland Revenue Service FIRS Requirement –
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) as part of its effort in consolidation strategies wishes to invite the services of fresh graduate with integrity, drive and desire to win professionally also to strengthen its workforce.
The vacancies below are meant for suitably qualified candidates to fill the following graduate and experienced vacant positions in the FIRS recruitment 2016:
Graduate Officer II, Tax
Officer I, Tax
Assistant Manager, Tax
• The candidates will be able to examine Tax returns and raising additional assessments for the institution.
• Executing order in accordance with application of Tax Laws, Tax Regulations and Information circulars.
• They will be involves in supervising a number of Officers who are responsible for the assessment of small companies, small scale business concerns, partnerships, estates and trust.
• Able to supervise the affairs of small companies.
• Following up such cases as are in dispute through the appeal procedures.
• Advocating on the job training for tax Officers in the institution.
The position is set for humans who is a self-starter and requires little supervision or motivation to attain challenging targets and deadlines. A mostly member of a relevant professional institution is crucial.
The final shortlisted candidates for FIRS should be highly organized, calculate and have the strong interpersonal skills to add to the team externally and internally.
The candidate will be able to Manage and supervise existing core-tax functions within the business, identifying areas with unregistered taxpayers and least compliance.
The individual should ideally have commercial-business knowledge with ability to calculate business strategies of profit derivation in tax accounting for the institution.
Minimum Qualification/Skill Base for Applicants
• For fresh graduates a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Law, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field.
• Applicants with HND holders in Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field can also apply.
• All Applicants must have computer knowledge, mostly Microsoft expert and Web application.
• All FIRS applicant must have the Knowledge of the Nigerian Tax Laws and appreciations of their application also have idea of regulatory framework within which the FIRS operates.
FIRS requirement For Applicants
All FIRS applicant must Have an NYSC Discharge or exemption certificate
A clear certified as mentally fit for appointment into the Service by a well recognized Medical Doctor in any of Government Hospitals:
1. National Hospital.
2. Government Teaching Hospitals.
3. Federal Medical Centers.
Applicant must provide three references with their contact information (from last employer, your family relation or from tertiary institution) from whom confidential reports on character and demonstrated abilities will be accepted
Candidate must provide certificate of State of Origin and its Local Government, it must be signed by the Chairman or Secretary of their Local Government. Any Certificates endorsed by Liaison offices will not be allowed.
If you are computer literate, FIRS consider computer proficiency a key requirement for anyone who is aspiring for FIRS job in the Service.
An applicant who has Master’s degree in related discipline and Relevant and recognized professional certification and qualification is an advantage for you.
How to apply
Provides the requirements needed and is only interested, qualified candidates are mandated to fill their applications online.
For Application form login to the career page at the FIRS Website and fill in the necessary information needed.
Please take note FIRS Application Portal will be open with effect from Monday, 29th August, 2016.
apply here www.firs.gov.ng/careers
Note to all applicant (FIRS Requirement)
• All applicants should follow the instructions to fill in your form accurately.
• Only applications in respect of the position would be allowed.
• All individuals are expected to apply to only ONE position.
• All applicants is expected to apply for one job, any candidate who apply more than one job you will be disqualified from the recruitment.
• After submission of your form online an acknowledgement will be sent to you containing a reference number which must be quoted in all future correspondences.
• Also be aware Only the shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Closing date for FIRS recruitment is on Monday, 10th October, 2016.
Please make sure you registered before the closing date and also known all the FIRS requirement before applying.
Efficiencyview wishes you the best!