Monkey Pox Virus is a deadly virus which can be contacted from a wild animal called Monkey as the primary source of contact. According to World Health Organization (WHO), Monkey Pox Virus is a rare viral zoonosis (a virus transmitted to humans from animals) with symptoms in humans similar to those seen in the past in smallpox patients. Monkey Pox has no treatment and no vaccine. It looks like Small pox but the rashes are larger while the disease is milder. Share to save life!
Look below Monkey Pox infected person
Monkey Pox Virus is a rare disease that occurs primarily in remote parts of Central and West Africa, near tropical rain forests.
In Nigeria, it has been recorded so many cases of these deadly disease, like in Bayelsa State and Akwa Ibom State in the South South region of Nigeria.
In Nigeria 10 persons had been infected while 49 had been placed under surveillance according to PUNCH Nigeria.
One case of Monkey Pox Virus has been confirmed in Akwa Ibom State and Bayelsa while other cases are still under investigation.
What you need to know about this deadly Monkey pox Virus according to PUNCH News online
- The primary source of contact is from a monkey
- It can be contacted through eating inadequately cooked monkey meat or meat of an infected animal.
- Another channel of contact is contact with materials contaminated with the virus
- The illness can be fatal in humans, between one per cent and 10 per cent, with most deaths occurring in younger age groups
- There is no treatment or vaccine available, although prior smallpox vaccination was highly effective in prevention
- Its incubation period is from six to 16 days, but it can also range from five to 21 days
- Its symptoms could last from 14 to 21 days
- Physical manifestation include skin eruption, with 95 per cent on the face and 75 per cent on palms of the hands and sole of feet
- Rashes, characterized by flat, red spot on the skin, covered with small confluent bumps
- Source PUNCH
How to successfully escape Monkey Pox Virus in Nigeria
- Avoid clustered, places
- Avoid unnecessary handshakes
- Cook all animal products thoroughly
- Avoid roasting of monkey meat prior to consumption as most, not all, of the bacteria are destroyed by heat
- Maintain very high index of suspicion
- Health officers must use protective devices, such as hand gloves
- Activates Washing of your hands regularly
- During slaughtering of animal, avoid contact with the animal’s fluid
- Report to the hospital if you observe strange feeling
Remedy for Monkey Pox Virus
As it stands now there is no remedy/treatment or vaccine available although prior smallpox vaccination was highly effective in preventing Monkey Pox Virus as well
How Monkey Pox Virus can be contacted in Nigeria
- Unnecessary handshakes
- Primary source of contact is from a monkey
- Eating inadequately cooked monkey meat or meat of an infected animal
- Materials contaminated with the virus
Monkey Pox Virus is real, be careful of your life, life is priceless