Ashinaga Africa Initiative Scholarships 2019 Application is out register here https://en.ashinaga.org/apply/aai/. This is to inform the general public about the 2019 Ashinaga Africa Initiative Scholarships, application form is out! Apply here.
This post will help you to apply for 2019 Ashinaga Africa Initiative Scholarships, here you will know about Ashinaga Africa Initiative and requirements involves.
About Ashinaga Africa Initiative Scholarships 2019
Ashinaga is a Japan-based non-profit organisation, which provides educational and emotional support to orphaned students. Ashinaga has supported over 100,000 orphans over the last 50 years, and many of its graduates are actively contributing to society in a variety of fields across the world.
The Ashinaga Africa Initiative began in 2014. Its mission is to contribute to Sub-Saharan Africa’s expanding role in global development through increasing access to higher education abroad. We support orphaned students who are committed to returning home and initiating change, by providing access to full financial support to study at a university abroad (equivalent to an undergraduate degree). Ashinaga support covers tuition, accommodation, travel costs, and other necessary fees.
Application Requirements for 2019 Ashinaga Africa Initiative Scholarships
- Have lost one or both parents
- Have completed 12 years of education (primary and secondary school) within the last two years;
- Were born after 1st October, 1996
- Have an outstanding academic performance at high school and were amongst the top students in their class
- Be willing to return home, or to Sub-Saharan Africa, and contribute to society in Sub-Saharan Africa after graduating from university
- Have no dependents who could interfere with academic progress
- Are in good health and capable of studying abroad
- Are able to participate in the two Ashinaga preparatory programmes, over the course of one year, before attending university
- Are willing to return home, or to Sub-Saharan Africa, and contribute to society after graduating from university
- Do not have the financial means to attend university
- Are proficient in English
Botswana, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Kingdom of eSwatini, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
How to apply for 2019 Ashinaga Africa Initiative Scholarships
Apply via https://en.ashinaga.org/apply/
Documents to process your application
- Copy of national ID card or passport
- Copy of term reports / high school transcripts (the last 2 years)
- Copy of final Secondary School Examination Certificate
- Copy of academic transcripts or diplomas from university/post-secondary institution, if applicable
- Copy of death certificate of deceased parent(s), including the deceased parent’s name, or alternative official documentation proving death of parent(s) or orphan status
- Copy of birth certificate of applicant
- A passport sized photo (3.5cm x 4.5cm)
- Important notice for interested candidates
- Applications are open between 16th September to 16th December 2018
- Successful applicants will be invited to a second application round in late January which will be open between 28th January to 28th February 2019
- This second round will include additional questions and essays to help us better understand your leadership potential and how you intend to use your university education to help others in the future.
- Successful applicants from the second round will be invited to an assessment day in April 2019 where Ashinaga conducts individual interviews and sets an examination to better understand students’ academic abilities and career goals in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Students must bring all original academic documents and identification documents to the interview
- Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the application process.
Share to others it might help someone.