Npower Non Graduates Scheme 2017-2018, The Federal Government of Nigeria is set to create job opportunities for unemployed youths in Nigeria through Npower Non Graduates Scheme. Unemployed Nigerian youths, will by this Social Investment Programme of President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government inhale fresh air. The Npower Non Graduates Scheme is expected to start September 2017 only for Non Graduates Youths.
The federal Government of current administration made it known to public that by September the Npower non-graduates scheme component of the Scheme will be launch.
According to him, we are hopeful that by July/September we should deploy those N-power Graduates in different batches across the country and FCT. From this development all applicants who applied for Npower Non Graduates Scheme should just stay rested.
The Npower non-graduates Scheme component is more of skills development and vocation programme if I may say; the vocational training will be on construction work, automobile technicians, technology, which is hardware and software.
So far the Federal government had committed N500 billion to the programme, imaging Social Investment Programme received N500 billion in 2016, but unfortunately, it came at the time when the economy was grappling with low revenue.
Social Investment Programme (SIP) has five components which include:
- N-Power, being the job creation component
- Home Grown School Feeding
- The Conditional Cash Transfer
- The Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (GEEP).
- The Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Junior.
The above statement was disclosed by Senior Special Assistant to the President on Job Creation (N-Power Scheme) Afolabi Imoukhuede at the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) Forum in Abuja.
Afolabi Imoukhuede describes Npower in two broad components namely:
- Npower graduate
- Npower Non-graduates scheme
2017-2018 Npower Non graduates scheme Benefits
- The non-graduate component of the programme was designed to empower the beneficiaries with vocational skills.
- The successful applicants for non-graduate component is more of skills development and vocation programme
- Npower Non-graduate schemes will be trained for a programme in three months and will also go and do apprenticeship for nine months.
- They will also have the opportunity to be trained for construction work, automobile technicians, technology, which is hardware and software.
- Successful applicants who will be engaged in the programme while training, they will get some stipends and Npower will also provide them with necessary tools and consumables
- Those of Automobile technicians will be given certificate that bears Automotive Development Council of Nigeria,
- The scheme would also partner with employers for the apprenticeship programme and also give the volunteers some stipends.
So endeavor to partake in the program