DAAD Scholarships 2020 for PhD and Master studies; see requirements and Application Form here. Have you been waiting for Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst >German Academic Exchange Service< Application Form? Online Registration Form is out for 2020 DAAD Scholarships PhD and Master Studies. Start Application below:
Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) Scholarships Program Registration is ongoing apply here.
Are you interested applying for 2020 DAAD Scholarships Program? Apply now for 2020 DAAD Scholarships for PhD and Master Studies, at the end of this post you will know how to apply successfully and Requirements involves.
The DAAD Scholarship programme aims at fostering strong, internationally oriented higher education systems in Sub-Saharan Africa with the capacity to contribute to sustainable development. To this end, scholarships are granted for development-related Master or doctoral studies for individuals who plan to pursue a career in teaching and / or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
By training future academic and professional leaders, the programme contributes to the following long-term impacts:
DAAD Qualified professionals’ involvement in the solution of development-related problems in Sub-Saharan Africa
Graduates strengthening education and research in Sub-Saharan Africa
Structural strengthening and regional networking of partner institutions and partner universities
To achieve these long-term impacts, the following outcomes have been formulated as DAAD programme objectives:
DAAD Programme objective 1: Graduates have qualified to take over responsible positions in their, or for their, region of origin
DAAD Programme objective 2: The participation of women and underprivileged groups is reinforced
DAAD Programme objective 3: Organizational, financial and personal capacities of partner institutions are strengthened
Requirements for DAAD Scholarships 2020 for Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme
As part of the „In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme“Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst >German Academic Exchange Service< offers scholarships for PhD and Master Studies. The programme is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and aims at university staff in the first line, without neglecting the public sector demand of academically trained personnel.
Requirements for Graduates and Postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa
The target group for scholarships are graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree if applying for a Master’s programme, or with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in their home country (so called In-Country scholarships) or in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region scholarships).
Selection Process for DAAD Scholarships 2020 for PhD and Master studies
The selection process differs between the individual degree programmes. Please see the call for applications for further information.
How to apply for DAAD Scholarships 2020
- Applicants submit their scholarship application to the host institution
- After a pre-selection has been conducted, shortlisted applicants will be asked to submit their application again via the DAAD portal for the final selection.
The institutions listed below are degree programmes funded within this scholarship programme in the regions West and Central Africa, Eastern Africa and Southern Africa, including the links to the respective calls for applications.
- University of Abomey – Calavi (UAC)Faculty of Agronomic Sciences, Subject field: Mathematics (Master, PhD)
as well as
International Chair in Mathematical Physics and Applications (CIPMA), Subject fields: Natural Sciences (Master, PhD)
- International Institute for Water and Environmental Engineering (2iE), Subject field: Engineering (Master, PhD)
- University for Development Studies (UDS), Department of Public Health, Subject field: Medicine – Public Health (Master Phil, Master Sc)
- University of Ghana, Regional Institute for Population Studies (RIPS), Subject field: Humanities / Political Science (Master, PhD)
as well as
West African Center for Crop Improvement (WACCI), University of Ghana, Subject field: Agricultural Sciences (Master, PhD)
- University of Ibadan, Subject fields: Engineering/Agricultural Science (Master Energy Studies, Master Fisheries Management)
- Centre d ‘Etudes Régional pour l’Amélioration de l’Adaptation à la Sécheresse (CERAAS), Subject field: Agricultural Sciences (Master, PhD)
- Addis Ababa University – IPSS, Subject field: Global & Area Studies (PhD)
- Hawassa University – Wondo Genet College of Forestry and Natural Resources (WGCF), Subject field: Agro-Forestry (Master)
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT), Subject fields: Information Technology (PhD), Mechanical Engineering (PhD)
- Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), Subject field: Health Management (taught at Strathmore University) (PhD)
- Kenyatta University, Subject fields: Biotechnology (PhD), Environmental Planning (PhD), Renewable Energy (Master)
- Moi University, Subject field: Mathematics (PhD)
as well as
East and South African-German Centre of Excellence for Educational Research Methodologies and Management (CERM-ESA) – Moi University, Subject fields: Education (Master), Sociology of Education (PhD)
- Mount Kenya University, Subject fields: Medical Surgical Nursing (Master), Public Health (Master)
- Strathmore University, Subject fields: Computer Science/IT (PhD), Mathematics (Master, PhD)
- Alzaiem Alazhari University, Subject field: Family Medicine (Master)
- Ardhi University, Subject fields: Built Environment Analysis (PhD), Housing and Settlement Studies (PhD), Urban Planning and Management (PhD)
- Tanzanian-German Centre for East African Legal Studies (TGCL), University of Dar es Salaam, Subject field: Law (Master)
- Busitema University, Subject field: Public Health (Master)
- Makerere University, Subject fields: Environment and Natural Ressource (Master), Plant Breeding (PhD)
- African Economic Research Consortium (AERC), Subject field: Agriculture Economics (PhD)
- International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (ICIPE), Subject field: Insect Science (PhD)